Soper Photo Gallery

Email us your stories

Soper Family Stories Soper Photo Gallery

Email us your stories

This page was created to reminisce about anything and everything that has gone on in our family, from the good times to the bad (hopefully we'll end up focusing on the good).

Saturday, June 24, 2006

I remember being very loved as a child. I was nurtured by just about everyone. I didn't even learn to walk until I was almost 17 months old because everyone would carry me everywhere. Especially my sweet Bro, Rob. There's a picture somewhere of him carrying me. It's a very significant picture for me. He does that even now when I'm down. He picks me up now with his laughter and his love. I'll always be grateful to Heavenly Father for my Bro, Rob. I just love him so much.

After our brother, Kerry died, we didn't do very well until we found a place of humor and then we both were able to start healing. Kerry had a heart condition from the time that we were very young. I said to Rob, "I always thought that Kerry would die of health conditions." Rob's famous response, "Well, Ellie, I'd like to see you survive getting hit by a truck." In that moment I felt not only Rob and I laughing, but also Kerry right there with us. We laughed for a full five minutes to the point of tears. It got easier after that. Thank God for my brother Rob.

I had a situation this week that was actually very shocking and painful. Of course, I turned, again, to my bro, Rob. He picked me up with laughter and concern and got me back on my perspective again. Thank you again dear Heavenly Father for my dear sweet brother.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

I was very confused about this entry at first, because I didn't realize that This was Ellie. I thought Nate was talking about me and I was thinking, since when did he call me Rob, and I didn't say that. Then I thought, why is he calling uncle Rob his bro...lol, then it dawned on me. My mother wrote this. I think Nate needs to identify who writes these because I assume it was him at first because it said "Posted by Chuck Bateman", pretty funny for me though.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home