Soper Photo Gallery

Email us your stories

Soper Family Stories Soper Photo Gallery

Email us your stories

This page was created to reminisce about anything and everything that has gone on in our family, from the good times to the bad (hopefully we'll end up focusing on the good).

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Staying close

As life goes along it is so easy to grow apart from different members of our family. People move away for work or for school. People grow up and get jobs and families and thus they get busy. We spread ourselves every which way just to make ends meet and to make our lives better. But distance is only really as far away as we make it.

I go out to lunch with my mom and Tony (her boyfriend) every week. I am glad that I am taking the time to go out to lunch with them every week. I always look forward to talking to those two because they always make me feel so good. I know that years from now when mom and Tony are gone that I will be so grateful that I took the time to be with both of them every week.

So here is a challenge for all of you. Find a way to stay close to somebody in the family. Maybe you can call them more often, or email them more often. You could include them in your plans. There are so many things we can do to stay close and some of them are as simple as taking five minutes to call and ask, “how are you doing?” I think that if you take this challenge seriously you will find out just how awesome this family of ours really is.

I want some comments to see who is willing to take this challenge with me. Oh and spread the word to all the other family members who may not be reading this blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

We should do this. I watch Lindy's family and see how close they are and I feel bad. I mean I'm glad Lindy's family is close but I wish our family could be a little closer. I'm sure Nate is right in saying that we need to do something to bring our family closer together.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

I agree we need to do more to keep our family closer, even though this blog is just a little bit of that, it is a start. I need to find some of the pictures I have and scan them into this page so we can all enjoy the great pictures of our family members.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home